Tuesday, October 4, 2016

OCTOBER 5, 2016.  I went to lunch with my pal Meghan today, and when we got in the car and started to drive back to work we heard a loud thump of sorts on the side of the car - but we had no idea what it was. It was just a weird loud sound. Got back to work and out of the car and I realized - OH NO! - that sound was my phone! I had left it on the top of my car. So I drove back in the off chance it was still there in the middle of the road, and hopefully not crushed. I got stuck in traffic a bit on the way back, and when I got there, low and behold, luck was on my side, because i get there and this beautiful angel was coming out of TGIFs to her awkwardly parked car parked right in front. I saw a phone in her hand and thought "that's not my phone, but maybe she went in there to drop it off". Then I saw her other hand, and right as I did, she looked up at me in the car as I was pulling up towards her, and i pointed towards her and saying out loud to myself "YES? IS THAT IT!?" She nodded YES, came over, I rolled down my window, and she handed my phone over. I gave her all the cash I had on me - $7 - to say thank you. She insisted that she not take it, but i made her. She deserved more for being a good, honest person. PURE LUCK today. Such strange timing too, as if I hadn't been caught in that traffic, I never would have seen her, and things may have turned out differently! An overall weird experience today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment